Thursday, March 23, 2017

You are Amazing!

Hello!  Yesterday we got lots of sad news.  We learned that the wife of one of my husband's coworkers passed away, and then a good friend of mine from Utah sent me a message to let me know that a speech pathologist (and friend) we worked with had passed away.  My heart was heavy after making sympathy cards for their husbands, and I just couldn't go to bed on such a sad note, so I stayed up late late late and decided to make a card to celebrate my aunt.  She finished her last round of chemotherapy last week.  She's never complained, constantly expressing gratitude for the strength God has given her through this trial.  I think in my mind I hadn't really realized how terribly sick she was because on the phone she always sounded so upbeat, but my mom recently spent a month helping her and my grandmother, and when she sent pictures of my aunt all I could do was cry.  I am blessed to be her niece, and I am so grateful for her example.  I used the watercolor flower fillers from Concord and 9th's Hello Lovely set for the first time on this card, and I was a little surprised at how much I liked the way they look on their own.  I added the stamen and some extra ink splatters from Brushed Blossom to finish it off.  Oh, and the sentiment is from Verve's Simply Amazing Stamps and Amazing Adjectives Dies...appropriately named for the occasion I thought. :)
I was so glad the sun was out today.  The temperature outside wasn't very high, but with the sun it almost felt hot.  It was such a good reminder of how much God's love and light can warm us even on our "colder" days.  Hoping your week is full of many more joys than sorrows.  Thanks for stopping by, my friends!
SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. You've made a beautiful uplifting card for your incredible optimistic Auntie, Lindsey. She will treasure it! I'm so sorry for all your recent losses which remind us of how fragile life is. Lots of love and hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the recent losses and your sadness Lindsey. I'll keep you in my prayers. The card for your aunt will be loved, it's a CAS beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "simply amazing" card for your aunt is just that...amazing. I know she will appreciate it very much. Sorry to read about your two losses. No wonder you have a heavy heart. Praying for you to get through your saddest days, Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your aunt sounds an amazing soul, Lindsey, with a strong and abiding faith that takes her through every high and low of life ... your gorgeous card reflects that amazing-ness beautifully! I'm so sorry for your recent losses, I'm certain that the cards you made will offer caring and comfort to the families. Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete