Monday, February 20, 2017

PTI Past, Present & Future: 2012 Challenge

Hello!  We had a beautifully sunny day today.  We played outside lots and I was able to make a card, which was icing on the cake...even if I did have to make it while I was browning the meat and preparing dinner.  Lol. Besides enjoying revisiting old sets, I have LOVED being inspired by my favorite past PTI designers again.  I knew I'd only have time to create one card, so I just had to CASE Cristina Kowalczyk.  She holds a very special place in my heart.  She is kind and generous and wonderful and was a great influence for good in my life.  How could I not CASE her?  Only wishing I had had a bit more time in my day to do her work justice.  I chose to CASE her LOVE you card for the 2012 PTI Challenge.  
I used PTI's Seeing Stars dies to emboss my panel, partially stamped a sentiment from Number the Stars, and completed the sentiment by cutting "stars" with PTI's Script Alphabet Dies...which I thought were the absolute coolest dies ever when they came out.  I'm glad I dusted them off again. :) I had to give a nod to Laura Bassen as well.  She's another all time favorite designer of mine.  I didn't have time to CASE one of her cards, so I used rainbow colors with her in mind. :) I think I liked my card better without sequins, but I made it for one of my nieces, and she most definitely appreciates sparkles, so at the last second I glued them on.  I snapped a picture right before the sun went down and then finished supper. :) Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Hope your week is off to a great start!

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, Lindsey ... the rainbow sentiment is gorgeous against all that star embossed background white ... and the sequins are perfect ... just the right touch of shimmer and sparkle! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...I am with you on the sunshine for sure! And...I ADORE Cristina. Love your beautiful case of her card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I always forget to use my dies like this, thanks for the reminder Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, WOW, this is such a lovely CAS card, Lindsey!!! Love the clever way you have done the colours of the die-cut word!!!! Beautiful embossed stars and I think the sequins look great!!! Really beautiful!!!!
    Have a great day!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Cristina does such such awesome cards! Love your cool design! The embossed stars look fabulous with the cleverly colored sentiment!

    ReplyDelete