Wednesday, August 31, 2016

12 Kits of Occasions - August '16

I'm sneaking this in minutes before August ends, but I'm thankful to be writing this post at all.  Why you ask?  I lost my cards.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I made my cards with this month's 12 Kits of Occasions kit, and then I lost my cards...before I had taken any pictures of them.  I can never find anything when I am in a panic, so of course after the group post went live, and I had resigned to the fact that I may never find my cards, I found them.  Ha!

This kit could not have been sweeter!  My super talented teammate Lisa used her darling granddaughter "Sweet P" as the inspiration, and not only that, but Lisa also designed the Sweet Pea stamp set and the Pretty Posh Sweet Pea Sequins Mix she used in the kit.  (And guess what?! She's giving away one of each on her blog.  Make sure you head over to enter the giveaway.)  Okay, are you ready for my projects? :)
First up is a card I made with a little girl's baptism in mind.  (It always helps me to create when I've decided who and what I'm creating for.)  I tried to channel what my little niece's would wear for her accessories. :) 
I used some of the packaging Lisa sent for my next two projects.  I had a couple notes I needed to send and these were just the right size to dress up as envelopes.  These two projects were the biggest reason I really needed to find what I had lost. 
This next one shows you what they looked like with the tag-shaped card inside.  I saved my favorite for last. :) 
This one showcases both Lisa's beautiful Sweet Pea stamp set (the pea pods and flowers) and her fabulous Sweet Pea Sequins Mix.  Don't you just love them?  The sentiment is from Verve's Simply Amazing stamp set and dies (I just got it and love it already).  I also added Concord and 9th's Blossom Die to the corners because really, I just can't get enough of it.  I'm also happily linking these cards up to the Simon Says: Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge.  

Okay, I better get this post up before these cards disappear on me again. ;) Don't forget to head to Lisa's blog to enter her giveaway and make sure you stop by the 12 Kits of Occasions blog as well to see everyone's projects AND to enter a second giveaway to win next month's kit.  Jeanne is the hostess next month, so you know it will be fabulous and chock full of goodies.  :)
SaveSaveSaveSave

11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who looses things & I'm so glad you found your projects, Lindsey! Wow--your use of the kit so inspires me! I cut one envelope for my shaker window, but now I want to decorate the other one like you did! And I have to agree--that last card is over the top wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey they are darling, and so worth the wait! Are you going to share where you found them? I have so many things 'saved' in the safest spots (that I'll never find again!) xx
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey your beautiful and creative projects never disappoint me! So glad that you found them, the marbles you will find one day but enjoy all those special moments with your kids looking for them. The packaging I was saving to do something similar when I get a chance to go back and revisit the kit! Love how you framed miss sassy pants and your last one is my favourite too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa put together a darling mix for you all, Lindsey! Love what you did with it! Thanks for sharing these with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE waht you did with the kit! Congratulations on the C&9 challenge DT:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very glad that you found your cards. They are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippee, you found them!! Would love to know where LOL!! Your baptism card is just darling. The image look perfect in the frame. Love the way you dressed up the glassine envelopes, so sweet!! And your shaker, oh my goodness ~ LOVE!!! Thanks ever so much for making my kit shine Lindsey!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I knew they would show up!! I'm especially glad because I wouldn't want to have missed these amazing designs. Love the precious baptism card! And your last card is amazing! What a great way to use the images. The accents with the Blossom die make me think I really need that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet kit and super sweet cards! I'm so happy you found your cards and you were able to share them with us! And I'm curious, too--Where were they?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man that sassy pants girl is over the top adorable in that sweet little polaroid frame!!! I absolutely love it :) And the beautiful sweet pea shaker card you made...I never thought of doing that and wow what a statement it makes! And the hello envelope? Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so delighted you found your lost projects, Lindsey ... they're adorable! Sweet little Miss Sassy, gorgeous envelopes and just the cutest shaker! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete