Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March Papertrey Blog Hop

Hi!  It's been a while, and I'm so glad you stopped by today.  I couldn't resist playing along with Papertrey's Blog Hop this month.  My sister's birthday is in a few days, and she loves the colors in the inspiration photo, so I made this card for her.  The irony of the card (and difficulty in photographing it!) is that today was anything but a sunny day.  In fact I can still hear the beautiful sound of rain as I type.
PTI Inspiration Photo Source
The star of the show here is PTI's Blue Skies stamp set.  I adore the fonts and cheerful nature of this set.  (BTW, you know you've made a good purchase when you are ridiculously happy the entire time you are using your new stamp set.  And because I used my never-before-used-schtuff, I'm also entering this into Darnell's latest NBUS Challenge #4.)  My card was inspired by the color scheme of the photo, including the grey floor.  I had so much fun making this one.  I chuckled to myself over and over again looking at those plain cupcakes anxiously waiting to be decorated with the colorful sprinkles falling from the sky.  Ahhh...it's the little things.
Speaking of cupcakes, they were inspired by The Card Concept's Cupcake Challenge.  See how the frosting is similar and how the star/heart mimics the raspberry on top? And instead of an overlapping vertical row, I went with an overlapping horizontal row.
Though it is rare for me, I stamped on the inside of the card as well.  I used Blue Skies again with a little selective inking of the birthday sentiments.  I topped the cupcake with some sprinkles and number "candles".
Well, that's it for me today!  Thanks again for stopping by and happy hopping! :)

Supplies (all PTI unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Blue Skies, Inside & Out: Love, Tremendous Treats: Birthday, Tremendous Treats: Valentine
Ink: Aqua Mist, Harvest Gold, Hawaiian Shores, Soft Stone, Summer Sunrise, Tropical Teal, True Black, Unicorn (Hero Arts)
Cardstock: Hawaiian Shores, Stamper's Select White

27 comments:

  1. This is super sweet! Your sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey.... This is so cute. I love the no colored cupcakes on the bottom front of the card. It adds a little something! That is one adorable sentiment for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cupcakes on the bottom ,so creative, Lindsey! Perfect with Blue Skies! I hope your sister has a wonderful birthday! Hope everyone is feeling better at you house. Love your CAS birthday card,and new picture for the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the whimsical verse and your sprinkle-less cupcakes. It made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card - love the colorful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!
    Your sister is gonna love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card! Love the cupcakes on the bottom catching all the sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun sun shiny card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute, sweet card. Your sister will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! Happy birthday to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She will love it!! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card design, Lindsey! I love that you turned it inside out and decorated it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect birthday card for your dear sister, Lindsey! And, you even stamped inside the card ~ something I need to do more frequently. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your colourful sentiment. And the falling sprinkles are such a sweet touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colourful sentiment. The falling sprinkles are such a fun touch too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet card! I'm guessing your sister will love this. Gorgeous colors; you've captured their essence perfectly in your card. Love that sentiment. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lindsey Binz, I hope I didn't just ruin a surprise, but if this card just happens to be for me...I do LOVE it. You are truly such a sweet and thoughtful sister. Love ya! The only problem, I think you may have got the number on top of the cupcake wrong. I am pretty sure I am only turning like 27...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love this! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo, Lindsey! I also love your new avatar!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So good to see you, Lindsey! How are you doing? You must be loving your new routine! I'm glad you got a chance to use those expert design skills you have to compose this fabulous cupcake card, using the pretty colors and the photo for inspiration! I love the inside, too and I'm with you in closing my eyes and imagining sprinkles falling from the sky! (So much for a diet when that happens!!) Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a sweet card--love the sentiment! Great idea to have the sprinkles falling on the cupcakes at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Lindsey, love your card so much! A totally fun take on the cupcake and i really like them lined along the bottom of the card front. Pretty profile pic too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a sweet card! Love how you used the inspiration colors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So completely fun and delicious, Lindsey ... what a great sense of movement you created with the sprinkling of ... erm ... sprinkles ... brilliant! Lovely new blog photo! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete