Thursday, February 12, 2015

Papertrey Anniversary Challenges...

I know many of you have joined in on Papertrey's Anniversary Challenges, and I'm SO happy that I had a little time to finally play along.
Thank you Papertrey for having all the deadlines extended this year!  This card is for Day 7's Challenge to make a card using only neutrals and metallics.  I went super simple on this one.   About a month ago my dad asked me to make some thank you cards for him.  One of his goals this year is to send more thank you cards.  (He's a pretty awesome guy...the best really.  So loving and Christlike.)  To quote his instructions on the cards, he said, "Just keep them simple and masculine.  You know, maybe put a little chest hair or something on them." Ha!  My dad has a great sense of humor.   He's always makes me laugh.  Anyway, no chest hair on this card, but my husband said it was masculine (yes, I asked), and it actually reminded him of one of his ties, so I figure it'll work for my dad, too.  (Note to self: Take a closer look at the ties in the closet, so I can get other ideas for masculine patterns.) I may have cheated a tad on this card, or maybe I was resourceful.  I'll go with resourceful.  See the plaid?  Well, it's a piece of patterned paper.  I just added the gold stripes with a stamp from PTI's BB: Retro set. And the gold really is a beautiful color, though it looks more yellow in the photos.  Ok, I better go...so much for making this a short post. :) Hope you've all had a wonderful week!

9 comments:

  1. Such a handsome card, Lindsey! And so clever of you to simply add some gold to patterned paper!
    Very resourceful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card, Lindsey! Those are always especially hard so having a little help from some patterned paper works really well. Any guy would be glad to send or receive this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Your Dad is awesome.
    What a fabulous design...there's something about plaid...so timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang you are good. I was swooning over your plaid. Actually I still am cuz you were so resourceful. This is a fabulous masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous. Very creative way to embellish and enhance your plaid. Ties are a fantastic source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea to add the gold lines to the plaid paper!! Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. genius idea to add the gold.....love that plaid!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very dashing, Lindsay ... I see the shimmer on that lovely gold ... looks fantastic over the DP! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete