Thursday, April 24, 2014

Forever Poppies (Clearly Besotted & Simon Says Challenges)

Hello, again!  When I made my last card, I realized that nearly every card I've entered in a Clearly Besotted Challenge had some kind of watercoloring on it.  Because these stamps are beautiful on their own, I decided to make another card for CB's Spring Challenge.

This card has actually been several weeks in the making.  I knew the design and purpose long ago, and it was CB's Spring challenge that helped me select the stamps to use.  I wanted extra saturated colors, so I stamped each of the flowers two or three times, which was really easy to do because these stamps are super easy to line up.  Please excuse the dark photo...I almost didn't post this card at all because when I glued the arrangement down, some of the elements shifted and I'm a bit bugged by how it turned out.  However, I recently read a post by Jennifer McGuire about what she does with cards she doesn't love and realized posting this will hopefully help me show growth.  And yes, I'm sending it, too. I'll probably try to CASE myself soon, though, so I can get the card to turn out just as I had hoped. :) I'm also entering this into the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Keep it Clean & Simple.  I could have gone a bit more clean and simple, but the flowers looked so much prettier popped up, so ultimately I added the dimension.  Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a beautiful weekend!

Supplies
Stamps: Clearly Besotted (Remember)
Paper: PTI (white), SU! (red)
Ink: PTI (harvest gold, new leaf, pure poppy, summer sunrise, true black), SU! (pumpkin pie)
Dies: CB (Remember), PTI (Linen & Canvas Impression Plate)

8 comments:

  1. Pretty pretty pretty card Lindsey, so impressed with your stamping. I always have trouble lining up just about anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lindsey ... these blooms are so rich and vibrant ... and yes, saturated ... such a gorgeous riot of colour! Fabulous dimension and yummy texture in the background! Isn't Jennifer McGuire such an inspiration ... I've also been trying to follow her lead! Happy weekend to you too ... Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a CAS beauty Lindsey. We are all definitely our own worst critics. The deep saturated colors are beautiful and I love the touch of dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love the rich colors in the flowers! Very pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, Lindsey--what's not to love? I love the rich colors and the texture on the background. I think you're too hard on yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, Lindsey - I love the colours and the arrangement is perfect! Thank you so much for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge x :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these beautiful poppies, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is awesome! Love the coloring and the beautiful details.
    What a wonderful project, all of the details are stunning!It's very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete