Saturday, January 18, 2014

Simon Says CAS-ual "Mondays"

I'm back for my 5th and final post today.  This card was full of surprises.  When I first saw WPlus9's Monday Mood Board #25 I was totally stumped...and I stayed without any ideas all week long until I saw CAS-ual Fridays Color Block Challenge.  I realized that I just needed to go literal with the Monday Mood Board colors, so I pulled out a bunch of PTI papers and WPlus9's Strictly Sentiments 1, and this card was the result.  It's a color combo that I would have never put together myself, but I really ended up loving how the card turned out.  The colors also reminded me of the Simon Says Monday Challenge logo, so I'm linking this card up to their "Anything Goes" Challenge.

13 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great card and a clever interpretation of our challenge! Like you, I never would've thought to pair these colors together, but you nailed it! The finished result is full of whimsy and energy and I liked how you made the sections angular. It's a really unique look and a very cool rift on a sunburst pattern. The sentiment is just perfect and I like how this card could work beautifully for either a male or female. Totally versatile and fabulous! I'm so glad that you shared your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsey. I will start with this beauty and work my way backwards. Wow you nailed it with this layout and colors… Love it! These challenges do help us out of our comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great coloring blocking card. The colors are fabulous. Thank you for sharing it with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. We love seeing your work! ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lindsay this is fantastic ... I love it ... cool and fresh and graphic! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant Lindsey!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card for the color block challenge! I love the wonky shapes--so trendy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What can I say?! So cool and funky - love how you've stacked those different coloured papers! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsey, LOVE the colors and your interpretation of the color block challenge is spot on! Love those cut panels!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You nailed it! All of these challenges just got owned by THIS card (in a very sweet way lol)! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card - it is one of my favorites! Love the funky shapes of the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant idea for that Monday Mood board. You are proving that sometimes simplest is the best.

    ReplyDelete