Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Make It Monday #127: Double Backgrounds & ColourQ #200

I watched this week's Make It Monday  yesterday morning, and last night I got a chance to make a card using the double stamped background technique.  I pulled out all of my background stamps and thinking I had had a stroke of brilliance, I combined PTI's BB: Text Styles and the chicken wire from BB: Farm & Barn to create my background.  It was the very first combination I tried and I loved it, so I went with it and finished off my card.  A couple minutes ago I checked back on Nichole's blog to see the number of the challenge, so I could write my post.  While I was there I decided to check on the twitter updates...apparently my text + chicken wire combination wasn't quite as original as I thought.  This fabulous card by the oh-so-talented Maureen Plut was tweeted about last night for using a very similar background combination.  Shucks.  However I decided it was silly to be bummed that my background wasn't a clever, new idea and to focus on the positive instead.  A happier train of thought was to flatter myself and say that great mind's think alike. :) 
This card was really fun to put together.  I started by selecting my color scheme from this week's ColourQ Challenge.  
Then I stamped the text in PTI's lemon tart ink and the chicken wire in SU!'s So Saffron ink on a panel.  I've been loving the collages I've seen all over the place, so I decided to try my hand at a very simplified version. First, I watercolored and trimmed the flower and leaf images from PTI's Pretty Peonies.  Then I stamped one of the frame images from the same stamp set in SU!'s Blue Bayou Ink onto the background panel to anchor everything.  The rest of my little cluster includes two banners with words from PTI's Round & Round and Friendship Jar Fillers, a little wood clothespin, pearls, and some leaf ribbon that my sister gave me forever ago.  This last photo shows the text a bit better than my first. 
And that's it for me. :) Hope you are having a happy week! 
 

18 comments:

  1. OMG!! I am loving this!! So beautiful and I love the take on both challenges!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly--great minds do think alike :) Love your card, and love that little peg holding your tags! (I am now going in search of my little pegs...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, Lindsey! I love the chicken wire background! Perfect placement of pearls!!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that little clothes pin clip, so cute. the backgrounds are great! very beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little clothes pin. The background and colors are wonderful. great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card, Lindsey, love your stamping! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stunning with beautiful bloom and sweet details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Lindsey your card is fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindsey, your card is fabulous! I noticed it out of all the MIM entries and came by to see more. You are too kind with your words :) How could we NOT be inspired by chicken wire? LOVE it! Your little focal point is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! And thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial...must give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So stunning! Love the blend of the stamps, dies, and elements. Gorgeous blend of these colors. Really love that double stamped background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the layered elements on the focal point. the chicken wire and text is a great combination, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your card is absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so talented. What a gorgeous design...the big is perfectly pretty without overpowering the gorgeous flower...you rocked thus girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful little cluster of elements..the flower, the clothespin, etc...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so very beautiful - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't think you can ever go wrong with chicken wire, LOL! One of my favorites! Beautifully done and CASing Maureen is always a good idea even if you didn't realize it! Your floral cluster with the little banners is one of the sweetest I've seen! Thanks for using the CQC colors this week and sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, Lindsey! I especially love the little clothespin you added-- it's the perfect finishing touch!
    I also wanted to thank for your the sweet comments you left on my blog and on Paulina's blog about me-- they totally made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete