Thursday, June 20, 2013

TAWS BE Inspired Challenge #30

Hi!  This has to be a really short post today.  I'd all but finished a post last night, but it mysteriously disappeared. Ugh.  I made this card for the current TAWS Challenge.  When I received my new TAWS sets (Thanks Arielle and Ali!), one of the tree tops in "Trees Company" looked so much like an ice cream cone that at the very last minute I decided to make a card for the challenge...my dishes will forgive me later.  All the stamped images (even the texture on the cone...that's the nest in the set) were from images in "Trees Company", with the exception of the cherry stem and the sentiment, which I made with "Alphabet Soup".  I needed one more graduation card, and I figured "sweet success" was fitting for both the occasion and the ice cream theme. :) Oh, and I followed the same technique that the incredible Maile Belles used in this card to cut/score around the image (only I didn't impress it with a die first).  I've been wanting to try this out for a while, and I'm so glad I finally did.  I love the result.

7 comments:

  1. This looks very yummy and goes so well with the challenge photo! Ice cream anyone?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's clever using tree tops for ice cream cones! This is simply adorable! Thanks for joining the TAWS BE Inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! It's bad enough when a comment disappears ,I would not like it if the whole post disappeared.
    Love the treetops for I cream ,what a creative idea! It's all perfect for a graduation card! Love it Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tree tops!!?? I LOVE it! I've had that set for months and I never once would have thought ice cream - yet it is absolutely perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally cute! Agree with Kim...clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome!!! That cloud is an amazing ice cream scoop...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...sorry...I meant tree top! lol

    ReplyDelete