Thursday, June 6, 2013

TAWS Be Inspired #29

After making several cards and tossing them, I decided I needed some direction.  Sometimes I save the icons of current challenges on my desktop, and when I saw the TAWS Be Inspired Challenge #29 photo I wanted to give it another go.  I sort of love/hate glitter, but aside from the colors, the sprinkles are what caught my eye the most in the photo, so I broke down and got the glitter out.  I love what it adds to the card, but all the flecks of glitter I keep brushing off of everything remind me of why I don't use it often.  Regardless of the glitter mess, this card screams summer to me and that makes me happy.  I can't get enough of the sun these days.  I love this sentiment, too.  So happy.  Hope you enjoy your day. :)
Supplies
Stamps: TAWS (All About You)
Ink: SU (Brilliant Blue)
Paper: DCWV (Citrus Stack), Making Memories (Red Wagon Polka Dot), PTI (Stamper's Select White)
Other: CTMH (hemp), Michaels (button, glitter), PTI (Fabulous Frames Dies, Seeing Stars Dies, Linen & Canvas Impression Plate)

5 comments:

  1. I think your card was worth having a few glitter issues. (Do you ever find glitter in your eyebrows?). I love how you have used the various dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glitter may be messy, but it sure makes cards look great! I love your starry design and the rustic twine is a great accent! Thanks for joining us at the TAWS BE Inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card! I've also checked out some of your previous cards and I really like what you've created. The recent one for graduation was so clever, and I can definitely see the sketch! Great idea to use the colors of the college the recipient will be attending! Also, thanks for your sweet comment on my blog in regards to Cristina's and my "mother-daughter challenge". So appreciated it! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card! I've also taken a look at some of your previous cards, and I really like what you've created. The recent graduation card was so clever, and I can definitely see the sketch. Nice idea to use the colors of the college the recipient will be attending. Also, thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog in regards to Cristina's and my "mother daughter challenge". So appreciated it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! You nailed the happy feeling in your design :)

    ReplyDelete