Monday, February 25, 2013

PTI February Blog Hop: Monograms

  
Watercoloring was too much fun last time my son and I did it together, so we pulled them out again this morning and I made another stationary set for PTI's February Blog Hop.  Really it takes three minutes tops to make one card (less once you have the colors you want mixed), so it takes practically no time at all to make a set. I watercolored stripes on a paper, die cut the oval out with PTI's 2 1/4" Oval Dies, and finally die cut the "J" from PTI's Script Alphabet dies. I kind of love stationary because you can't do too much or their won't be room to write.  The simplicity makes me happy.

Okay, and here is the second type of card I made.  I got the idea for this one from stationary I saw at minted.com (LOVE that place). It took about two seconds to make. I die cut the letters out of a post-it note using PTI's uppercase script alphabet dies, masked a strip on the cardstock, mixed a few watercolors together to get the shades I wanted, and painted. And that's it.

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the technique you used-- it turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! I love them both :) Beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! Love that white space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love the colors on these! So spring-y. And the oval embossing on the first card is really cool. Thanks for the inspiration! I'm pinning these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the water coloring! So Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun projects!! Love the watercolor!! So soft and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Both are great, but the second is my favorite. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these ... the negative monogram is so cool in your watercolored oval!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello again! These sets of monogram cards are fantastic. I love how the watercolors pop off the classic white.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love monograms & these are absolutely terrific! May have to give it a try--thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete